Experiences will be mostly held in an 18th-century Mansion in Savigny-lès-Beaune, 10 minutes north of Beaune, the capital of Burgundy’s prestigious wine industry. Saturday’s activities will include visiting the famous market in Beaune.
Beaune is located in the heart of the Côte d’Or, 40 minutes south of Dijon and 1.5 hours north of Lyon.
Distance to Beaune:
– Dijon: 46 km (29 miles) 40 minutes
– Lyon: 156 km (97 miles) 1.5 hours
– Paris: 312 km (194 miles) 3 hours
- Closest major airports are at Paris (3+ hours) and Geneva (2.5 hours).
- Closest smaller airports are at Dijon (40 mins) and Lyon (1.5 hours).
There are regular trains departing from Dijon Gare to Beaune. It takes only 20 minutes and is one stop away. Beaune has a direct link from Paris-Bercy by Regional Express train (3.5 hours). However, it is faster to take the TGV from Paris-Lyon to Dijon and connect to a local train (2.5 hours). There are occasionally services from Paris-Lyon directly to Beaune, without the need to transfer.
– 2.15 hr* from Paris (via a connection in Dijon)
– 1.45 hr* from Mulhouse
– 1.40 hr* from Lyon
* Time by the fastest route based on train journeys provided by SNCF, arriving in Beaune.
Rental cars are available at all major airports.
Beaune and its surrounding region is particularly well served, as it’s at the crossroads of the A6, A31 (towards Dijon, then Lille or Nancy) and A38 (towards Besançon, Basel).
Exact Experience address will be provided upon final payment.
The most reliable taxi services that we have heard of are:
- Eric Begue, based in the centre of Chagny, telephone 03 85 91 24 73
- Beaune-Taxi (0)6 06 800 400
And yes, Uber is also in Beaune – www.uber.com